Re: oracle on linux - oci & sqlnet ?

From: Juergen Maihoefner <jmai_at_dagon.franken.de>
Date: 1997/12/24

Hallo!

seci_at_ludens.elte.hu wrote:

> i know tha oracle for sco works correctly under linux.
> but as far as i know this is true _only_ for the server and the utilities.
>
> we have tried - and failed - to compile and link and oci samples under linux
> without any success and the same is true for installing sql*net

I could'nt say anything about oci, but our SQL*NET V2 works.

We installed Enterprise Server 7.3 on SCO and copied the unpacked files to a Linux V2.0.29 machine.

Also, we copied the TNS-configuration files and started tcplsnr by hand (not using lsnrctl).

When using a SMP-kernel on Linux, it dumped core while trying to start the database.

bye, jm

--
SIG: In a world without fences, who needs gates.