Re: Forms User_exit Problem

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/24

If I've understood you, no you can't, this isn't what user exits do. A user exit is linked into the _client side_ Oracle tool executable using a compiler and the precompiler for your _client side_ platform, and allows interaction between client side resources, the database, and the data on the form/canvas/whatever. If you want a client user to execute a program remotely on the server, or access other server resources, the only way I can think of is if the server supports something like Unix remote shell, NFS, etc etc.

Anybody got any better ideas?

In article <67diaf$cdj_at_du04.oli.hk>, yltong_at_oliv1.oli.hk writes

--
Tom Cooke