Re: Encryption??...

From: Al <al_at_work>
Date: 1997/12/23

Passwords are only encrypted with SQL*Net 2.3 at the client end. Note that SQL*Net will , by default, send a second attempt with an unencrypted password if the first logon attempt fails. Set the parameter ora_encrypt_login to TRUE in order to prevent this from happening. This is done in the SQLNET.ORA file for 16-bit, and in the registry for 32-bit.

Prior releases of SQL*Net will not encrypt the passwords.