HELP ON SCO ORACLE

From: Tim Hung <timhung_at_vcn.bc.ca>
Date: 1997/12/23

I have upgraded my server to SCO 5.0.4 and I was trying to install ORACLE 7.3.2 on it.

The installation appeared to complete successfully but when Server Manager tried to start up the database, I get the following error.

SVRMGR>connect internal
Connected to idle instance.
SVRMGR>startup
ORA-07331: smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA. Additional information: 4

I could not find any useful information on this error from the manuals.

I would appreciate any e-mail responses to this problem.

thank you. Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST