Re: Oracle 8 Server Installer for Solaris problem

From: Juergen Maihoefner <jmai_at_dagon.franken.de>
Date: 1997/12/23

Hi!

gerry_at_cs.tcd.ie wrote:

> Hi,
> I have tried everything I can think of to install both the server
> software and create a DB object at the same time. It either:
> 1) hangs and does not finish, or
> 2) finishes but does not create the DB object because it cannot
> allocate SGA space.

First, increase your shared pool (SGA) in your init<SID>.ora file. shared_pool_size = 9000000 means 9MB; most of your RAM (3/4) should go here.

When installing a regular server (not a 60-day-trial license), the kernel
must be tuned. (shared memory segments etc.)

On your CD, there's a doc-directory, including several PDF's. There hints to get it work.

--
SIG: In a world without fences, who needs gates.