Automatic Oracle shutdown on NT?

From: Bill Canning <bill.canning_at_SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: 1997/12/22

Has anyone solved the problem of Oracle shutting down automatically when NT is shutdown?

My Oracle instances startup automatically under NT, but a check of the alert
log shows they are crashing on NT shutdown and needing instance recovery on startup.

On further investigation, I find that shutting down the service manually from
the Services menu is also not enough. The alert log indicates the instance is
not actually stopped.

Manual shutdown using oradim73 or svrmgr23 works correctly. Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST