Re: error ORA-00600 internal error

From: Clay Davidson <clay_at_his.com>
Date: 1997/12/22

This means that oracle choked on something. Call customer support with the arguments to the ORA-600 error. It normally looks something like 0RA-600 [12345] [22222] [ ] [ ] [ ]

You can find this in your alert file.
Oracle support will probably want a copy of your any trace files generated, alert files, etc...

They usually tell you to download a patch that will fix the problem but usually the patch doesnt do much but keep you busy for a few days. Then when it happens again, they will tell you to download a latter patch. This keeps you busy for a few more days. Then they tell you to upgrade to a later release.........

Sorry if I sound jaded. Oracle support is seldom useful to me. After awhile you learn to work around the problems.