Re: Configuring Oracle for an SMP machine

From: Clay Davidson <clay_at_his.com>
Date: 1997/12/22

No special version of Oracle is needed.
Workgroup or Enterprise version are both fine. Parallel Server is used with clustered machines.

Have installed Oracle on NT 3.51, NT 4.0 on both Intel and Alpha boxes. Have also installed on Netware, SMP Netware (not advised), HP Unix, Sun Unix, and Alpha Unix boxes. No differeence in the Oracle software for the operating systems in question regardless on number of processors.

BTW, Dont believe a thing the Oracle sales reps tell you. They lie for a living and are only concerned with making a larger sale.

Hope this helps.