OWAS 3.0 crashes remote database

From: Juergen Maihoefner <jmai_at_dagon.franken.de>
Date: 1997/12/21

We've expirienced a problem using the Oracle Web Application Server 3.0:

A HTML-form, generated with the PL/SQL-Cardridge from OWAS, inserts some values in a table, residing on a remote database.

Now, from time to time, the stored procedure allocates more and more cpu-time.
After some use, the response time from the db-server increases strong, and time-outs from the clients occur (even 'traditional' SQL*NET clients).

I've tried different Oracle-server versions on different platforms (Workgroup 7.2 NT, Enterprise 7.3.2 NT, Enterprise 8 Sparc/Solaris), but the failure remains the same.

Oracle Hotline told me to insert a parameter 'SDU=4096' in SQL*NET listener-
and tnsnames-files; now it seems to work better, but still inacceptable.

Currently we use the WebServer on NT, but want to migrate to Solaris early
next year.
There's no problem, if the WebServer resides on the same machine as the database - but in our environment, that's no help for us.

Is there anyone who use the product without this problem ? If yes, please tell me your configuration.

Thanks,

bye jm

--
SIG: In a world without fences, who needs gates.