Re: Benchmark Oracle under NT/Netware

From: Juergen Maihoefner <jmai_at_dagon.franken.de>
Date: 1997/12/21

rochals wrote:

> Does anybody has already performed a benchmark of Oracle server under
> Netware 4+ and WNT4 ?
> Someone wants to sell me a packaged software under NT but i'd prefer to
> stay with Netware, performance and material cost will be an argument for
> me...

An Oracle-Consultant told me, that it makes no difference which OS to use;
That's seems to be true for NetWare and NT; but I discovered, that Oracle
for SCO on Linux via iBCS2 is much faster than on SCO OpenServer 5.

If the majority of your machines running NetWare, I would prefer the NetWare
port, because of Oracle's support for Novell NDS.

When you want to get always the latest versions of Oracle, NT or Sparc/Solaris
would be a better choice.

by, jm

--
SIG: In a world without fences, who needs gates.