DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?????

From: Adam F. Kelley <afkelley_at_southeast.net>
Date: 1997/12/19

I am trying to figure out how to pass multiple results from a stored procedure to a client ODBC app.

For example :

        CREATE or REPLACE PROCEDURE WhatEver
        AS
        BEGIN
                SELECT * FROM Table ;
        END;

I can perform these types of stored procs. in other RDBMS's (eg MS-SQL, Sybase). I have heard from a few sources that this type of stored proc. is not possible under Oracle, on the other hand I have heard from other sources that there is a way of doing this sort of thing (Of course those same people can't tell me how...). I need to be able to call Oracle stored procs. from custom client apps. as well as SW-Apps. like Crystal Report Writer. It needs to be able to return multiple rows of data.

Anybody that has any suggestions on this subject, I would certainly appprecitate hearing from you.

Thnx,

AFK Received on Fri Dec 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST