Oracle Training - Oracle or Learning Tree?

From: Brian McCullogh <brian_at_ums1.lan.mcgill.ca>
Date: 1997/12/19

I have a few questions regarding the most cost-effective way to obtain Oracle DBA training. So far I have attended the "Intro to Oracle" and "DBA Admin" courses offered by Oracle, but money is tight in my organization. It may be difficult to find funds for many more classroom courses, particularly if several people require the DBA training series.

Has anyone tried Oracle's "Media Based Training" (MBT)? How does it compare in scope to their classroom courses? The MBT may be an attractive alternative, if it will provide comprehensive training for prospective Oracle DBAs.

Learning Tree also offers Oracle DBA courses, both classroom and MBT. How do their two programs compare with Oracle's?

TIA for any advice.

Brian McCullogh
Information Systems Resources
McGill University
brian_at_ums1.lan.mcgill.ca Received on Fri Dec 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST