ORA-00922 Selecting on remote db

From: <croc_at_iname.com>
Date: 1997/12/19

Hello Anyone who can help or knows someone who can help:

I am having a problem when creating a database link.

  1. I am creating the link with the following: (Database link creation script)

CREATE DATABASE LINK PROD
CONNECT TO USER1 IDENTIFIED BY PASS1
USING 'PROD'; CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM GL_INTERFACE FOR GL_INTERFACE_at_PROD; CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS FOR GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS_at_PROD; When I compile and run a PL/SQL stored procedure which SELECTs using this link from SQLPLUS for WINDOWS it works fine. When I compile it in UNIX I get the following error:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object APPS.GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS_at_PROD.WORLD

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
ORA-02063: preceding line from PROD

I get the following error when just trying to select from the tables listed in the link: ERROR at line 1: ORA-00922: missing or invalid option ORA-02063: preceding line from PROD

The TNSNAMES.ORA file(UNIX) is set up as the following; ( There is no mention of 'prod' in the windows tnsnames.ora file )

prod =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = the_ip_address)
(Port = 1521)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = test)
    )
  )

We are using Oracle 7.3.2 and the remote tables are Oracle financial ones.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

David Moss

croc_at_iname.com