Re: Reverse engineering on ORACLE

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1997/12/19

In article <67bqv6$mnj_at_jupiter.planet.net>, Jared Hecker <jared_at_saturn.planet.net> wrote:
>All true. That said, both LBMS and ERWin will reverse engineer an ORacle
>database much more easily than Des2K.
>
>Des2K holds much of its architecture from its predecessor, Oracle CASE,
>which was written as a competitor to tools the likes of IEF. It is
>powerful but clumsy and a downright PITA for small data models (say, 50
>tables or less).

I don't disagree with any of this. But, I saw a demo of the next D2K at Oracle World, and it is much better. At the time, I think they were saying it would be out in January, but I don't know the current status, although I see an announcement that it was released last month.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com