Re: Intelligent Agent and OEM

From: carl christianson <Cchristi_at_fred.net>
Date: 1997/12/19

Joe,
What oracle support is telling me is that the AIX server can't find it's way back
to the client machine. You have to make some modifications to the host file on

the database server so that it can find it's way back to the client that logged in to
the repository. This was conceptually different than how I hoped this would work.
This means all my DBA's have to have entries on the AIX server, since it is (apparently)
not trying to go back to the repository database but trying to talk directly back to the
client that logged into the repository. Personnally I don't like that at all. The error where I didn't get information written to the alert log has gone away.
I have been unable to replicate this error. Although I was able to replicate it one day about eight times.
Hope that helps

Carl