Re: Configuring Oracle for an SMP machine

From: Pinchas Nisenson <nisenson_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: 1997/12/18

If I am not mistaken you have to install the Oracle parallel server option. The reason for my assumption is that while installing Oracle on a single processor RS 600 server I by mistake chose the parallel server option and as a result I got an Oracle error message telling me that there is only one processor found.

--
Thanks ..