Re: Server Manager - Motif mode

From: NewtoOracle <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1997/12/18

Well, I'm certainly no genius but I've seen this error in my install.

Query, does svrmgrm work on the actual Unix box? Are you loggin in as Oracle from your workstation or as root and then su'ing to the Oracle userid (I must be Oracle directly to run svrmgrm on mine, never works with an su). You may want to also check what TERM and ORACLE_TERM are set too. You say you've already set the xhost eh?! I'm running Exceed for '95 as well, Oracle 7.3.3.3 but on an HP. If it continues to be a problem I can check my settings for you so post again if it persists and no-one else comes up with anything.