Re: Perl for Oracle NT?

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/12/18

Kenneth Chesak (ken.chesak_at_mail.txt.net) wrote:
: I am going to be converting a SybPerl Sybase HP Unix application to
: Oracle 7.3 NT4.0.

: Does perl have extensions for Oracle on NT?

Yes.

: Is it called OraPerl?

No, not for V7.3 and PERL5. You are better to use the DBI and DBD-Oracle (which has a Oraperl emulation module) modules.

: Where can I get the latest version?

Your nearest CPAN site (www.perl.com will help you there) or better off go to the DBI/DBD home pages at www.hermetica.com.

The recent versions of PERL5, DBI and DBD-Oracle compile under NT4.0 natively using MS, Borland or at a push the Cygnus gcc compilers.

IAP

--
I am using anti-spam measures, please replace 'not.valid' with 'value.net'