Re: Copying Database

From: Tony Ferrazzo <tferrazz_at_vttsvic1.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1997/12/18

Robert,

            I have a similiar situation in that we are running Oracle server 7.0.16.6.0 and Oracle server 7.3.3 on a sparc server 1000. My problem is that I need to copy or move a database from the older oracle server version to the newer one. The new database needs to be in place without disturbing the old one. Oracle export and import utilities are of no value as interrogation of the produced export file shows hard coded directory paths for each datafile etc... I guess my question to you is, can I follow the same procedure you have outlined in your response below and will there be any impact or issues because of the different versions of oracle involved.

Thanks for any help or assistance.

Regards

Tony Ferrazzo
tferrazz_at_vttsvic1.telecom.com.au