Is it possible to link two big tables which are joined together frequently?

From: David Shi <dshi_at_magpage.com>
Date: 1997/12/17

Suppose you have two very large tables which you joined together frequently, the contents in the two tables do not change. Instead of sort and merge the two table every time to join the two, is it possible to have certain kind of link which once setup the first time, can be used each time later for the table join?

I know cluster can help for such situations but I would like to avoid it.

If the above is impossible, then if the key columns used to join in the two tables are sorted, will Oracle aware that and directly merge the two when joining the two (thus skip the expensive sorting part)?

Thanks a lot.

David Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST