Moving Databases

From: How? <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1997/12/16

Hello all,

I have 2 servers, both running 7.3.3.3 but one has a dual processor. We use 1 server for development and 1 server for production. I want to switch the two as my dev server has 2 CPU's and I want production to be a little more powerful. Anyone have any thoughts on how best to do this?
I've never tried this out but I'm thinking a full database export of each and switch. Do I have to then replicate the tablespaces beforehand via server manager ahead of time or what? Any thoughts posted to this newsgroup would be appreciated, thanks. Received on Tue Dec 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST