Re: NT on a LARGE database

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_saturn.planet.net>
Date: 1997/12/16

Hohohohohohohoho. With a large Sequent Winserver or DG multi-CPU NT server, maybe, just maybe. This is a large, busy product. I heartily recommend Unix - and not a small server for this level of usage, either.

Just for example, I am currently installing Financials for a small shop - seventy users total. They bought a 512-MB DG AvIIon 5900 with a Clarion array for this. And they're retail, so they're nmot rolling in bucks.

Seriously, if they engage in transactions analysis and capacity planning they will realize NT is not the beastie for this.

hth -

Regards,
jh

Michael Alan Kline, Sr. (mkline_at_empirical.com) wrote:
: I've got a customer who believes they want to run Oracle Financials
: and SAP on an NT Server with 200-400 users.

: Just how large of a box would this take and what kind of success and
: response time can we expect?

: Michael Alan Kline, Sr.
: 800-933-7668 ext. 117
: mkline_at_empirical.com
: www.empirical.com

--
Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **