Revoking privileges from PUBLIC

From: <mstoyan_at_newscorp.com.au>
Date: 1997/12/16

Hello!

I have to create user account with very restricted privileges, capable only to connect to the database and execute a couple of stored procedures but NOTHING ELSE. The problem is that PUBLIC is granted select privilege to many system tables, views, procedures, you name it. Is there any way to prevent this user from using the PUBLIC privileges? If I start removing the PUBLIC privileges from all tables, views, etc. would something else break?

I posted this to support.oracle.com technical forums, but didn't get any replies.

Thanx in advance