Re: Expanding Database Size

From: Joseph Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

Expanding the database is adding a new tablespace or creating a new datafile for a tablespace .

The command you should use should be

  ALTER TABLESPACE yourtablespacename ADD DATAFILE ('file specs including path') SIZE n;

Where n is the size of the file to add eg. 50M , or 200K

However it seems that your problem is too general , are you encountering any error messages ? What is the Error number and the message ? It could be a miss sized table and not a miss sized tablespace .

Read more about this before you try anything .....

| Joseph Sumalbag
|
| Oracle DBA
|

| The opinions expressed above are my own and doesn't
 necessarily                           |