Re: Redo Log Size

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

Sigrid Staudte wrote:

> John P. Higgins wrote:
> >
> > It all depends on the activity level. On a busy database, I increased
> > the redo log files from 20MB to 200MB. Then I queried V$LOG_HISTORY and
>
> How can I increase the redo log size ?
> I already have created a new create control file command
> with the command alter system backup controlfile to trace
> and then I have increased the size of redo logs.
> But the execution of the create control file command
> produced an error that the operating system block size
> is not compatible with my file size.
>
> Sigrid

Simply create new redologs with proper size and then drop the old ones. You can do this on the fly. Some commands you'll need:

ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE ... '<path>' SIZE <newsize>; -- to create new one
ALTER DATABASE DROP LOGFILE 'path>'; -- to drop old one ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE; -- if log to drop is active

--

Timo Haatainen
Carelcomp Forest Oy