Newbie question: What to monitor

From: Tom Hanstra <hanstra_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/12/15

We're fairly new to Oracle and have only one "production" server (Sun) set up currently. My
question is simply: What on the server and what in the database should I be monitoring to keep
track of trends and alert me to problems as they arise? I have some scripts that I run periodically
to check on certain database settings, but what stats should I be keeping over time and what should
I watch for as we grow?

Thanks in advance. Please reply via email if possible.

Tom Hanstra
hanstra_at_nd.edu
Office of Information Technologies
University of Notre Dame Received on Mon Dec 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST