oracle names

From: Ghee Ong <onggs_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: 1997/12/15

Hi ,

I need some help to set up oracle names.

My server is 7.2.3 and I am using the network manager that comes with it.

I configured a network with a single note + save to file + database ok. But when I tried to 'generate/export' I got these errors on the screen:

NMC-03750: cannot export Oracle Names data NMC-03751: configuration database table "ONRS_SERIAL" has not been installed

NMO-01027: error from ROS data store
NMO-01020: Oracle error ORA-00942; table or view does not exist
NNC-00403: program interface has not been initialised

I check for table "ONRS_SERIAL" + it is there + accessible. Has anyone come across this ?

Another question is that I want to set up the name for each server on a node to be something like:

     s1.n1.proj.com

I set up the domain proj.com ok. However, for server name, I can only enter s1 and the generated name in listener.ora is s1.proj.com. How do I get the name s1.n1.proj.com be created in the listener.ora + tnsnames.ora ??

TIA,
Ghee
PS: Please respond by email if possible as I may miss your reply. Received on Mon Dec 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST