Re: Help! DBSNMP.EXE takes 99% of CPU time on NT4.0

From: Jim Anderson <janderson_at_ci.lincoln.ne.us>
Date: 1997/12/15

Haresh,

DBSNMP is used with Oracle Enterprise Manager and the Intelligent Agent on NT. You should find info about the Intelligent Agent somewhere in you NT-specific documentation. If you are not using the Intelligent Agent, you can turn if off by starting lsnrctl and entering:

dbsnmp_stop

I imagine it is taking up so much resources because it is incorrectly configured. You can find configuration info in your documentation.

Hope this helps,
Jim Anderson