Problems with Oracle WebServer

From: Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: 1997/12/14

I just did a rather foolish thing! I installed the Windows NT Small Business Server (4.0), then installed Oracle 8 Server. All was working fine...

Then, I made the mistake of trying to load my 'old' copy of the Oracle Webserver software on top of Oracle 8.0 (it used to run fine under 7.3). The result is that my entire NT server is compromised!! I can get the server (mostly) up, but it acts very strangely (slowly), especially the entire GUI! Yet the performance monitor shows almost nothing happening on the system.

Does anybody have any idea how to undo the damage I have done, short of reformatting the system disk and reinstalling the operating system and the Oracle 8??

Thanks.

Rich Woodland
Magic Interface, Ltd. Received on Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST