Re: Oracle Names on HP-UX

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/12/13

On 13 Dec 1997 07:29:06 GMT, twod_at_not.valid wrote:

>If the first nameserver does not respond after a certain period of time, why
>does the networking code not go to the secondary and then to the tertiary
>instead of freezing - 'Fixed in the next release' no doubt ?

Are you sure it's freezing? Or is it waiting to time out. I've seen it take 2-3 minutes to time out, then successfully query the 2nd nameserver.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign:
Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son,
and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB)