Re: Web Application Server 3.0 - Uploading document

From: Simon Morley <morleys_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/12

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:33:10 +0100, Nicolas Barcet <nbarcet_at_jca.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am developping a web site using Web Application Server 3.0 Adv. Ed. and
>Oracle 7.3.3 on WinNT and at some point on this web site I would like a user
>to be able to send me a document and this document should be stored in the
>database (or in the File System). Eventually I should even be able to send
>this document back to someone else.
>
>Has anybody done this before ?
>
>Any clue on how to do it ?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Nick

Hello Nick,

I run webserver 3.0 on solaris and have being attempting the same thing with some success. Oracle provide a cartridge to do this in the documentation, which uses the content services API, called docserv. If you look at this code you can either write your own cartridge or compile it up as it stands as a good example of how to do it. The cartridge writes a form to the client browser with the

<form ENCTYPE=multipart/form-data

tags and uploads documents to a user account on your database called CONTENT. The upload part works fine, however, when downloading Word fails to open some files. Oracle have a bug logged against this at the moment.

Alternative is to use the Oracle Government replacement owa, as this has this enhancement as well as some others. It is designed for Webserver 2.1 I believe, but I think it will work with 3 as well with some tweaking.

More details on thier website. Received on Fri Dec 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST