Backing up on Solaris 2.5

From: Fred Suffin <fsuffin_at_westernasset.com>
Date: 1997/12/12

We're running a couple of Sun Sparc servers with Solaris 2.5 and Oracle 7.3. I'm looking for the best solutions for backup and recovery - reliability is most important and good UI is also very important, as well as tech support. I've been struggling with Cheyenne's Open Oracle EBU and I'm about ready to send it back. It can't do recovery, only restoration, and their tech support SUCKS.

I would REALLY appreciate feedback from anyone with a similar environment who is happy with their backup.

Big TIA. Received on Fri Dec 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST