large documents in long row column

From: Thomas Haupt <thoh_at_hrz.tu-chemnitz.de>
Date: 1997/12/12

In our company we have an workflow application that saves word- and excel documents in the oracle database. The largest document has a size of 2 MB. This process needs to many time. A reason for this could be the size (2 MB) of our redo log files and the archiver process is running and produces many archive files. It is possible that 2 MB is to small for this processing ? Is there any way to increase the size of existing redo log files or could there be another reason for this problem ? The database version is 7.2.2.3 , the log_buffer parameter in the init.ora file is setting on 65560 and the datatype for the row in which the documents saved is long row.

Regards

Thomas Received on Fri Dec 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST