Re: NEWBIE Q: Personal Oracle 7.3 and Tablespaces

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: 1997/12/12

You'll need to tell the size of the datafile. Try this:   CREATE TABLESPACE custspace
  DATAFILE 'custfile_01' SIZE 10M
  DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 25k NEXT 25k PCTINCREASE 1

     MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 249)
     ONLINE  ;

I'd put absolute path before filename and add file extension, so DATAFILE-clause would look like (on UNIX): DATAFILE '/xxx/yyy/custfile_01.dbf' SIZE 10M

--

Timo Haatainen
Carelcomp Forest Oy