Table layout modifications

From: EFT.Philippe Lepot <philippe.lepot_at_eft.be>
Date: 1997/12/11

We're developping an application for which the data tends to become quite large quickly. In three month one of our table is 80,000 records large. We need to upgrade this table and change a field size from 52 to 120 characters. When we try to do so either from the management tool or from SQL directly we end up with the rollback segment full. Is there is a way to change the database layout without the transaction mechanism on. In other words in there a way of switching transactions off temporarily (accepting the risk of loosing the whole database)? Thanks in advance! Received on Thu Dec 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST