Re: Print to file from stored procedure

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/12/11

Me schrieb am 02-Dez-97 21:48:34
zum Thema "Print to file from stored procedure":
>I'm making a call to a stored PL/SQL procedure through
>the Oracle Web Application Server, not using sqlplus.

>I want to have the stored procedure print the values
>of certain variables to a file when the procedure is run.
>Is this possible? Some have said yes, some no, some
>say it's only possible when using sqlplus.

>What's correct?

Using the utl_file package it is possible, but utl_file can only write to directories that are listed in init.ora.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de