Oracle Exports

From: <gaitaih_at_starent.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

We are running Oracle 7.3.3 on a Data General Unix platform. We are having problems with the export utility when exporting tables that are created using the "Create table as" syntax. For some reason, the export dump file sets the pctfree value to the original value + 100. The Oracle default is 10 if not specified. When an export is done on the table, the pctfree is stated as 110 in the dump file. When we look at dba_tables, the pctfree value for this table is 10. However, when we look at the sys.tab$ table, the pctfree value is 110. This must be where the export utility is getting its value. This points to an rdbms problem and not an export utility problem. Anybody else having this problem? By the way, the exports run fine with no errors. The errors occur when we try to import the table. Since the pctfree value is invalid, the import fails. We have contacted Oracle support, but have not yet received a response.