help -- sql*net v1 for oracle 6 on DOS platform

From: Limin Guo <guo_at_andrews.edu>
Date: 1997/12/10

I know this question is too old to ask, but ...

I have a project that the old Oracle 6 applicaiton is running on DOS platform and needs install sql*net installed and talking to another machine. Qestion:

  1. Does Oralce 6 works with sql*net v1 only?
  2. if (1) yes, is sql*net v1 a standard part of Oracle release 6.0.33?
  3. if (2) yes, which group of following disks could I find sql*net The required support files The utilities The RDBMS The SQL*Loader
  4. if (2) no, where could I get sql*net v1? could I use sql*net v2 instead? and how?
  5. what would I expect to see from installed list if sql*net is installed. (like sql*net v2, I would see sql*net server or/and sql*net clinet)

I realy don't have any documentation for Oracle 6, any hints will be realy helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Limin. Received on Wed Dec 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST