Oracle Names on HP-UX

From: Don Brown <don_brown_at_rl.gov>
Date: 1997/12/09

I am having trouble getting the name server to start on our HP-UX computer. Every time I try to start it it reports that there are serious errors in the configuration files.

The names database resides on a Solaris computer and I've verified that the HP can get to the database and log in. However, it's obvious from the trace file created when trying to start names on the HP, that it is not accessing the database.

In desparation, I copied the checkpoint files from the Sun to the HP and was able to get the names server to start, but any changes made to the database after that time were not available to the HP names server. Only the Sun names server saw the changes made, despite restarts, etc. on the HP.

I thought perhaps I didn't know how to set up a second names server, but I then found another Sun to create a names server on and it came up without any problems.

The versions I am using are:

HP-UX 10.20
Solaris 2.5.1
Oracle 7.3.3 on both HP and Solaris
Names 2.0.3 on both HP and Solaris

Any help would be appreciated,
Don
Lockheed Martin Services, Inc.
(509) 376-6990
don_brown_at_rl.gov Received on Tue Dec 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST