International Date Functionality

From: Scott Thompson <sft_at_lucent.com>
Date: 1997/12/09

How do people deal with international time differences within the same database. If I have a database on a server that can be updated from multiple client locations in different countries and/or time zones, what is the best way to deal with this.

I have worked with other RDBMS products that support this directly and I would prefer not to have to write application code to handle this; however, I am under the impression, from past experience, that Oracle does not really support this very well, i.e. I have to do date and time translations manually within client applications.

Any brilliance in this area would be appreciated.

--
Scott Thompson
sft @ lucent . com