Re: Timing Tests for SQL stmts

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/09

 Nancy.Thalman_at_lasp.colorado.edu >>
I'm using a demo version of Oracle 8.0.3 on a Solaris and I want to perform timing tests in SQL Plus on some select stmts.

Are there timing cmds that I can use in SQL Plus to determine elapsed time for the execution of a select stmt and is there a way to turn off screen I/O in SQL Plus while the select stmt is executing? <<

Enter sqlplus command 'set timing on' to time sql statements. Also look up the 'trace' option of the alter session command.

If you run the sql from batch, i.e., from a file and do not enter it directly into the command buffer then use 'set termout off' to suppress screen output. Also see the other set command options: echo, feedback, and verify as these directly affect what is output.

Happy tunning.
Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise - Received on Tue Dec 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST