Re: Sql problems.

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/12/09

Casper Thrane schrieb am 09-Dez-97 16:07:36 zum Thema "Sql problems.":
>Hi!

>The following sql script worked fine on Oracle Server 7.3.2 on a digital
>Unix

>update repport set
>Use =
>(select nvl(round(sum(fp.beloeb),0),0)*(-1) from ose.bundt bu, ose.fpost
>fp
>where fp.rgkod = '0001'
>and fp.kntid = repport.actid
>and fp.bidat >= 19970101
>and fp.bidat <= 19971231
>and bu.nedtid = 0
>and bu.rgkod = '0001'
>and bu.bdtnr = fp.bdtnr)
>where repport.actid in (select actid from repport)

>Now we have opgraded to Oracle Server 7.3.3, and it doesn't work
>anymore. It doesn't return any errors, but it just runs forever(I think,
>I stopped it after 5 minuts, before the upgrade it fineshed after about
>30 sec.).
>Please help me.

I don't think that it's an SQL problem! I'm guessing that the upgrade did some harm to Your database. Maybe an index is gone or more likely the new version cannot use the old optimizer statistics. You should check the execution plan and eventually recompute (or reestimate) the statistics.
One more possibility: Maybe in the init.ora there are some special joins disabled that where used in the old version. Look for enable_hash_joins or similar parameters in the init.ora file.

Hope I made sufficiently educated guesses!

Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de