Oracle Thin driver questions

From: Bruce Hopkins <bruce_at_galileo.eng.wayne.edu>
Date: 1997/12/09

Hi, I have a question about using Personal Oracle Lite and the JDBC thin driver.

How do you do it? I don't see how you can set up the driver so that it can see the database?
I really am having trouble with the URL
"oracle:jdbc:and_the_wierd_Stuff". I have worked successfully with a ODBC driver URL "jdbc:odbc:polite", but this one is encriptic.

From what I've seen, I may have to bind the database to a port. Do I have to use SQL NET?
How can Personal Oracle Lite bind to a port?

I am thoroughly confused. Received on Tue Dec 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CST