Re: Redo Log Size

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_wantnospamsprynetatall.com>
Date: 1997/12/09

I have found that the default size is way too small. In general, I like my redo logs to be 50M. This way they roll about once or twice a day. Granted, it does take longer in the event of a recovery, but since they database is not wasting all of it's time rolling over, I have found it to be very effective. The best way to see if this is a good size for you is to change and then watch alert.log to see when your files are rolling. If more than a few times a day, (like every 10 minutes or so) you may want to change it. If you see checkpoint not complete, then increase significantly, or add additional redo logs. :-)

-Sheilah Scheurich