Re: Oracle and Digital drop Support of VAX/VMS post 1999.

From: Steve Lionel <lionel_at_mail.dec.com>
Date: 1997/12/08

In article <66hcba$kf4$1_at_nclient3-gui.server.virgin.net>, "David Jones" <david_j.jones_at_virgin.net> writes:
|>I have heard rumour that Oracle and Digital are informing customers that
|>support of VAX/VMS will be dropped at 23:59 on 31st December 1999.

Digital is certainly *NOT* dropping support for OpenVMS VAX at that time (nor have I read of any plans to drop support at any specified time in the future.) I can't tell you what Oracle is planning.

For information on Y2K readiness of OpenVMS and layered products, see http://www.digital.com/year2000

--
Steve Lionel                      mailto:Steve.Lionel_at_digital.com
Fortran Development               http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html

For information on DIGITAL Fortran, see http://www.digital.com/fortran