Editing an Export (.dmp) file

From: <sarab_at_pop.jaring.my>
Date: 1997/12/08

Hi folks,

I know that Oracle Corp. does not support this, but has anybody had any success editing the contents of an export file. My goal is to replace the data value of a column on all the tables of the export file. All my tables have this column called "user" and denotes which user this data belongs to. What I'm trying to accomplish is to duplicate data for other users in our database by changing this value in the export file. A couple of years ago I tried to edit an export file and learnt the hard way that we are not supposed to as there are hidden control characters in the header of the file (or so I was told in the Oracle course that I attended). I am hoping to use an editor like vi to replace the column value for all my data in the export file.
Anybody ever succeeded doing something like this. Would love to hear from you.

Regards Received on Mon Dec 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST