Re: DBMS_OUTPUT

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1997/12/08

Naren Chintala schrieb am 03-Dez-97 16:55:46 zum Thema "DBMS_OUTPUT":
>Hi,

>I print the values from a table to stdout using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE.
>I need to separate each value with a blank line. I am unable to
>print a blank line using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE.

>Any ideas.

How about using DBMS_OUTPUT.NEW_LINE?

There may be a problem concerning SQL*Plus ignoring empty lines as well as leading blanks.
There is an option to the SERVEROUTPUT setting of SQL*Plus. The default setting is 'WRAPPED'. Try setting it to 'TRUNCATE'. (You'll have to consult the manual as I don't remember the exact syntax right now :-)

>Thanx
>Naren

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de