Re: Replication

From: Stephane Lajeunesse <slajeunesse_at_nospam.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/12/07

Systems Admin wrote:

> We set up replication (tried using Replication Manager and running the
> scripts manually). We created a table on the master def site, and told
> it to replicate. It created the table on the remote site, with all the
> rows. However, when we update the table (add some rows) at the master
> def site, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Check the defered transactions (with replication manager).. It's under administration (I think). If no transactions are showing, replication didn't install correctly.

If you are seeing a transaction and are using asynchronous replication, check that you have a scheduled link. You can see it in scheduling with replication manager. Make sure that you have one pointing to every other master-sites. Also make sure that you are using SYSDATE+something for the interval.

Hope this helps,

--
Stephane Lajeunesse.
Oracle DBA

Please remove nospam. from my e-mail address to reach me.