what's causing session to timeout?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

I have a sqlplus job as part of a korn shell script that looks like this...

sqlplus user/passwd @sqlscript > logfile

The sqlscript has no EXIT at the end. When I ran the shell script manually yesterday, it hung for about 20 minutes until I killed it. It's then that I discovered the missing EXIT.

My question is this. Every night for the last 3 months this script has run from a job scheduler (maestro), but it gets past this line and the shell script completes normally. What's causing it to complete so that the rest of the shell script runs? The listener's timeout parameter is set to 0, the user's profile has no limits (i.e. default), and there's no sqlnet timeout parameter set on the client side either.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign:
Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son,
and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB)