Re: freelist_group_id

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/12/05

--

If you have not specified freelist groups in the create table statements, this
parameter would always be 1. You default only have one freelist group
and one freelist for each table.

Only if tables are very heavy inserted into would you change the freelist
parameter to avoid contention on the freelist. The freelis group
parameter are sometimes used in a parallell server environment, assigning one
freelist group to each node to avoid pinging between nodes.

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with the Oracle database, mainly on Unix.
My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.